Thursday 23 July 2009

Rest day...

Today is rest day! I have had 2 long runs the last 2 days and last night I could hardly sleep as my legs were killing me. I was on such a high after my runningclub yesterday that I couldn't wind down before midnight or so and even when I was in bed I struggled. But I am very happy of all the efforts I have put in. This morning not much change on the scales but tomorrow is my weigh day. So fingers crossed that I have lost a bit more than just 300gr. But then on the other hand I am so pleased with the improvement of my fitness.

Usually I run on my own or with my PT. And with either I can never really judge how far I've come. So yesterday with the running club I could really see that I was one of the fastest in the group. The last 15 minutes or so I was leading as the leader stayed at the back of the group with the slower ones and she told me where to go and stuff. I felt good about that! :) And when we finished everybody told me that I must have enjoyed that last bit as I was going quite fast. And yes I was going quite fast but now I see that when you are in a group you don't want to give in. And that is a great motivator for me... So all in all everything is looking good!!

Breakfast; Porridge oats, chocolate whey protein, sunflower seeds and skimmed milk
Snack: carrots
Lunch: Mixed salad from the salad bar at work. Dessert: cherries
Snack: Nectarine
Dinner: Omelette with 1 egg and 2 egg whites and a no gluten pita bread. Dessert: Grapes
Snack: not sure yet
Drinks: 2 cafe latte and 4L water

Exercise: none (my legs are killing me right now!!)

0 comments: