Tuesday 12 January 2010

Kettle Bell

Yesterday I did my first ever Kettle bell workout. I didn’t know what to expect at all! It soooo hard work and the movements are so different than what I am used to. But it was good and the trainer was great at helping me with my posture and everything. It was just 30min but boy what was that hard work. I really enjoyed it and I am now looking forward to my weekly session. And he told me that it will definitely help with my running. So it is all good! I am very happy that I started something new. As the gym is really coming out of my ears. I never really liked the gym but now it is even worse than that!! So the kettle bell is a welcome relief for me. I am just not sure if it can replace a gym workout. I will definitely carry on with my running as I absolutely love it and will start doing some cycling as I would like to enter a duathlon race. But right now I am not capable of sitting on a bike for 20K or so.
Someone suggested to me to enter a 10K race at the end of the month. She runs much faster than me but she is willing to do it with me. So might enter that race! The 1st ever race I will do. I am getting a bit nervous just thinking about it.

Today is weigh in day and I lost 400gr. It is ok. I was hoping on more but I am happy that I am losing again. Especially as last week I was hit by a cookies monster 3 days in a row. At least now the cookies are gone and no temptation whatsoever. It is funny that now that I start my week from fresh I am more motivated to stay on track and exercise a lot! Last week I binged a lot and then I wasn’t too motivated to do anything. But today is another day in paradise!!

My trainer is stuck in Lanzarote. He apparently can’t come back due to the weather. He was suppose to come back last week. Maybe this week… So I have had some other trainers that replaced him. It was good to do it with other people. And it really made me think about training … and that I can’t rely on trainers all the time to make me exercise. But then again my motivation is not always there. So not too sure what to do right now. For the time being I will carry on as it is and see from there. Sometimes I feel really weak that I can’t stay motivated unless someone is there to push me. And I realise that is how I am at work often too. I still hope that one day I will be able to motivate myself without the help on anyone else!!

Great day to you all!!

0 comments: